Other Campaign Publications
Equity Matters: Research Reviews
Equity Symposia Publications
- Stimulating Equity? The Impact of the Federal Stimulus Act on Educational Opportunity (Feb 2010)
- Comprehensive Educational Equity: Overcoming the Socioeconomic Barriers to School Success (2008)
- Equal Educational Opportunity: What Now? Reassessing the Role of the Courts, the Law and School Policies (2007)
- Examining America's Commitment to Closing Achievement Gaps NCLB and Its Alternatives (2006)
- The Social Costs of Inadequate Education (2005)
Equity Campaign Publications
- Michael A. Rebell (2009), Courts and Kids: Pursuing Educational Equity Through the State Courts. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Michael A. Rebell & Jessica R. Wolff (2009), NCLB at the Crossroads, Reexamining the Federal Effort to Close the Achievement Gap. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Michael A. Rebell & Jessica R. Wolff (2008), Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Meaningful Educational Opportunity, New York: Teachers College Press
- Michael A. Rebell & Jessica R. Wolff (2008), Summary of Recommendations from Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Equal Educational Opportunity, submitted to the U.S. House Committee on Education and Labor and the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (9/5/2007)
- Sharon Lynn Kagan (2006), American Early Childhood Education: Preventing or Perpetuating Inequity
- U.S. Supreme Court Amicus Brief by Amy Staurt Wells, et. al and submitted on behalf of The Campaign for Educational Equity (This brief supports the Respondents in Nos. 05-908 and 05-915).
- Michael Rebell & Hunter, Molly (2006), The Right to Pre-School in Education Adequacy Litigations
- Michael Rebell, Professional Rigor, Public Engagement and Judicial Review: A Proposal for Enhancing the Validity of Education Adequacy Studies (Teachers College Record, Volume 109, Number 6, 2007).
- School Funding Litigation as a Framework for Education Reform: Applying the Lessons of the Education Adequacy Movement to the Reauthorization of the No Child Left Behind Act -- Summary (March 2006)
Teachers College Publications
- Teachers College,
, Annual Report, 2004, A Campaign for Equity (June 2005) Columbia University
Equity-Related Books by Teachers College Faculty
- Allegrante, J.P., & Sleet, D.A., eds. (2004). Derryberry's Educating for Health: A Foundation for Contemporary Health Education Practice.
: Jossey-Bass. San Francisco
- Gordon, E. W., Bridglall, B. L., &
, A. S. (Eds.). (in press). Supplementary Education. The College Board and Rowman and Littlefield Publishers. Meroe
- Garcia, Ofelia, Tove Skutnabb-Kangas and Mara Torres-Guzmn, eds., Imagining Multilingual Schools: Language in Education and Glocalization. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
- Jay Heubert, High Stakes: Testing for Tracking, Promotion, and Graduation (co-editor) (National Academy Press, 1999)
- Jay Heubert, Law and School Reform: Six Strategies for Promoting Educational Equity (editor) (Yale University Press, 2000)
- Sharon Lynn Kagan, Reinventing Early Care and Education: A Vision for a Quality System (in press, Jossey-Bass, co-ed.).
- Sharon Lynn Kagan, Putting Families First: America's Family Support Movement and the Challenge of Change (in press, Jossey-Bass, co-editor).
- Clive Belfield and Henry Levin, Privatizing Educational Choice: Consequences for Parents, Schools and Public Policy (Paradigm Publishers, 2004)
- Arthur Levine, When Hope and Fear Collide: A Portrait of Today's College Student (Jossey-Bass, 1998).
- Michael Rebell, Equality and Education (Princeton University Press, 1985)
- Michael Rebell, Educational Policy Making and the Courts (University of Chicago Press, 1982)
- Richard Rothstein, Class and Schools (Economic Policy Institute, 2004)
- Amy Stuart Wells and Janice Petrovich (eds.), Bringing Equity Back (Teachers College Press, 2005)
- Amy Stuart Wells, Both Sides Now: Looking Back on School Desegregation (Harvard University Press, 2009)